SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY – APRIL 6th, 2013 @ 6.00 – 9:30 PM
TIME: 6.00 – 9:30 pm
LOCATION: Baruch Performing Arts Center – Baruch College, New York, NY 10010 (Enter E. 25th St. between Lexington Ave. & 3rd Ave. S)
Row A – $100 (VIP) Rows B-E – $55 Rows F-K – $25 Rows L-M – $15 – For Students with valid ID only (2 rows)Children under 10 are free; Group of 5 or more discount with code GROUP.
Dear Friends of Adhunika,
Hope this email finds you in a great spirit. We cordially invite you to Adhunika’s Pohela Boishakh Benefit Event to welcome the Bengali New Year, 1420. Please save April 6, 2013 – to experience a festive evening packed with entertainment, a fashion show, songs, mouthwatering ‘tok-jhal-misthi’ food and much more!
Festivities will include:
• Dazzling fashion show featuring the exclusive collection of salwar kameez & traditional sarees – Muslin, Katan, Benaroshi, Jamdani, Tangail – to showcase heritage of Bengal
• Musical performances famous musicians – Armeen Musa, Anila Chowdhury, Punom, Rousseau, Emon Haider, Rupom Mannan, Faisal Jalal,- Bashma, Ditiya & more
• Presentation by Friends of Adhunika on activities in NY area. In addition learn about their recent visits to Bangladesh at Adhunika Womens’ Center
• Feature – Nityoshongee products by Shahruk’s Collection, Beaded Bangles made by Papa Nurun Nahar and traditional clay & stone jewelry worn in festivals
• Connect with GreenLoom Studio & Mushroom Entertainment to find out about their new endeavors
• Face painting & henna corner for our audience
• Network with Adhunika’s collaborative partners & local nonprofit & for profit organizations
• Authentic mouthwatering Bangladeshi ‘tok-jhal-mishti’ food
• Raffle draw (exciting prizes in store) and much more!
Please join us at the magical evening to make a difference & support our work.
Look forward to see you & your family !
Shahnaz S. Yousuf (Founder & President)
On behalf of Organizing Committee
DATE: Saturday – April 6, 2013
TIME: 6.00 – 9:30 pm
LOCATION: Baruch Performing Arts Center – Baruch College, New York, NY 10010
Enter E. 25th St. between Lexington Ave. & 3rd Ave. S
ABOUT POHELA BOISHAKH
Bengali New Year (Nôbobôrsho) or Pohela Boishakh is the first day of the Bengali calendar, celebrated in both Bangladesh and West Bengal, and in other Bengali communities in Assam and Tripura. Pohela Boishakh connects all ethnic Bengalis irrespective of religious and regional differences. In Bangladesh, it is celebrated on April 14. It also coincides with New Years in many other calendars, including those of South India (Kerala, Tamil Nadu), Sri Lanka, Nepal, Eastern India (Assam, Manipur, Orissa), and Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand).